The Birregurra Preschool offers preschool programs in a positive and caring environment. Our enthusiastic early learning educators provide a stimulating space and curriculum and the setting allows children to try new things in a safe and supported way.
We believe early childhood is a time of great importance when children inquire, explore and discover much about themselves and their world. Our students actively explore through play, encountering new and challenging things and building on existing knowledge.
We have an indoor/outdoor program at the kinder. Such a program:
- Caters better for individual needs and learning styles
- Allows the children more opportunities to direct their own learning
- Provides greater access to learning resources
- Provides more opportunity for sustained play
Our kinder is run by a voluntary committee of management made up of parents and teachers. Parents are invited and encouraged to be involved in all activities, for example, families help run the centre, assist on excursions, administration, working bees, gardening and the sharing of ideas and skills.
3 year-old program Monday 9am-12pm
4 year-old program Tuesday-Thursday 9am-2pm
The educational program at the Birregurra Preschool is based on the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia. These frameworks identify five Early Years Learning and Development Outcomes for all children. The learning outcomes describe the knowledge, skills and dispositions that we want for all children.
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected to and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
- The Birregurra Preschool does not run an open day but you are welcome to visit at any time when the children are present: Mon 9am -12pm, Tues – Thurs 9am -2pm.
- Children must be 4 years of age prior to 30th April in the year they attend 4 year old kindergarten.
- Children cannot begin 3 year old kinder until their third birthday, and must be 3 years old by 30th April to attend.
- Enrolment forms are due at the end of Term 3 prior to the year of attendance. A deposit of $100 (that goes towards Term 1 fees) will be required to confirm places in Term 4.
- Parents will need to provide an immunisation certificate for their child before they can start kinder.
- Fees must be paid in advance each term.
- The government funds the majority of the cost of providing the 4 yo preschool program ~ 75 %. The remainder is obtained from parent fees and fundraising.
- Only 1 year of 4 year old kindergarten is government funded unless there are exceptional circumstances. The Victorian Department of Education and Training has strict eligibility criteria for a second year of funded kindergarten including an identified developmental need in 2 or more areas.
- It is possible to do an additional year of 3 year old preschool if required.
Please contact the kindergarten for more information.