The Birregurra Preschool offers preschool programs in a positive and caring environment. Our enthusiastic early learning educators provide a stimulating space and curriculum and the setting allows children to try new things in a safe and supported way.
We believe early childhood is a time of great importance when children inquire, explore and discover much about themselves and their world. Our students actively explore through play, encountering new and challenging things and building on existing knowledge.
We have an mixed age indoor/outdoor program at the kinder. Such a program:
- Caters better for individual needs and learning styles
- Allows the children more opportunities to direct their own learning
- Provides greater access to learning resources
- Provides more opportunity for sustained play
Program days and hours can be found on the Enrolment page.
Our kinder is run by a voluntary committee of management made up of parents and teachers. Parents are invited and encouraged to be involved in all activities, for example, families help run the centre, assist on excursions, administration, working bees, gardening and the sharing of ideas and skills.
The educational program at the Birregurra Preschool is based on the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia. These frameworks identify five Early Years Learning and Development Outcomes for all children. The learning outcomes describe the knowledge, skills and dispositions that we want for all children.
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected to and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
Please contact the kindergarten for more information.